Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just Hangin' Out and Another Surprise!




It's so nice to have little to report. No sleep problems. No food problems. No attachment problems (yet!). Things are working out pretty well.
Today, Gabi and I set out to visit the school where I did my speech internship last spring. I had the BEST experience and I loved working there. We thought we were visiting everyone over lunch in between the morning and afternoon classes. Instead of just lunch, they threw Gabi a shower. We had lunch and delicious strawberry shortcake dessert and lots of presents. These people were so supportive when we first received Gabi's referral. They celebrated with me and have stuck it out with me all year long. Today, they descended upon us with gifts and sweet cards and wonderful wishes. They rejoiced with me that she is finally home and Gabi loved meeting and hanging out with them. We are so lucky to have the Washington EC on our side!!! Thank you Debbie and crew! It meant soooo much to us.
Tonight we had dinner with MK, Amanda and Amie. Gabi ate enough for two adults and sat back and showed us her belly. Impressive!! Ed loves those girls. I think he welcomed the opportunity to take a break from studying for finals. And he loves to show off his beautiful daughter.

Here are a couple of pics from the last few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy every minute. You certainly paid for it.
She is pretty much perfect and left quite an impression on everybody she met here. Mostly her grandparents.
We can't wait to get our hands on her again. Is she sitting in her ladybug chair?
Love you all too much,
Mom, aka GG