Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Welcome Home, Baby Girl!!!

For the first time in my life, Ed and I were able to get our daughter up out of her crib in her house! Can you imagine a more perfect moment? We can't!!!

We arrived home at 2:27 a.m. Gabi did an incredible job on the flight. We've had a full day today. Gabi's Papa came by on his drive from Chicago and she got to show him her newest tricks. I think Papa might be a little smitten. We also had dinner with our MK and Gabi thinks she's funny and sweet. MK wasn't sure she would like Gabi and was very nervous (yeah right) about their first meeting. Luckily she's in love with our Gabi and is considering moving in with us to avoid separation.

Gabi's Grandpal, Eileen, stopped by over lunch to say hello. Gabi shared her raisin bread and they had a lovely visit. Anyone who brings raisin toast over is ok in Gabi's book.

We were so lucky to be greeted at the airport by our families. I have a lot of pictures to post but I can't get anything to work so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. We were also able to meet Uncle Josh, Aunt Kristin, Ryker, Reagan and Pam in Atlanta. There is nothing better than sharing this adoption with them. Their enthusiasm for Gabi has been as intense as it was for their own two children. We have been so fortunate to have them with us every step of the way. Kristin has been my voice of reason, wall of strength and gentle listener throughout this adoption. I am so blessed to have a friend who knows exactly how I feel-- both highs and lows. Thank you, Kristin. We love you so much.

When we arrived home, we found several things. First, there were balloons, bows, decorated trees and signs from my friends, Kyra and Kristen. Such a delightful sight!! Then there was a cooler with milk, orange juice, fruit and raisin bread decorated with balloons. Delicious and perfect! When we went inside the house, MK left instructions about how to bake the breakfast casserole that was in the fridge and a full report on Izzy's state of mind. There was also a brand new birthday outfit, book and Kid Sister from MK. Does it get any better than that?

Needless to say, we had a delicious breakfast without lifting a finger and were able to enjoy Gabi's first morning at home. Ed and I kept saying to each other throughout the day, "Our daughter is taking a nap in her bed. Our daughter is playing with her new toys. Our daughter this... our daughter that." We feel like we should just keep pinching ourselves. We're finally home with our family.

I have about a million thank you and some incredible pictures-- thanks to Paige-- but I MUST go to bed. I'm so tired I'm not making sense anymore.

10 comments:

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

WE are SO excited for you! I have been checking this blog like a NUT! Rob just made me read it out loud to him.
I am so glad the flight went well and you are all HOME safe and sound!
Now the fun of a 1 year old begin!
(((((HUGS))))
The Hs

Anonymous said...

It just doesn't get any better than this, does it? I am so blessed, we are so blessed. I can't thank God enough.
Love you all too much,
Mom

demp5 said...

Okay, I am crying now. I am just so happy for your family!! Your greeting was so sweet, and just as it should have been. I can't wait to see more pictures and hear about the adjustment. Soak in every minute - y'all have earned this :)

ANGIE..... said...

Congrats! Beleive It! Mark and I are still pinching our selves.....and Tyler's been home for 15 weeks:) It's awesome! She is the most fun she has ever been right now, they do the most funny things:)

Still checking in like crazy,
Angie, Mark and Tyler:)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! That is a great thing to say.
Love,
Shannon and Isabel

Anonymous said...

um, just for the record, my name is "Kidsastar!"

xoxo
Kidsastar

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! Yeah baby!! Congrats on bringing home Gabi (Shirley) forever. I've been thinking and praying for yall lately. I don't know what else to say...life is good don't ya know!

ole Murph

Anonymous said...

Is that an invitation? I AM a really good roommate...just ask Amanda Z. :) Tell Gabi that I miss her.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Congrats! Yeah for you guys! Can't wait to meet her in Houston sometime soon...

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you all! We are so happy and delighted that Gabi is here. She is so cute! We hope to get the chance to meet her personally.

Welcome to the family little one.

Congratulations again!

Love, Aunt Sherry and Uncle Bob