Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Outdoor Adventures





Today Kristin and I took the girls on a couple of adventures. First, we had to repair the flat on my stroller. I would have a hard time figuring out where I would get an inner tube for a stroller in the States. Forget about solving this problem in Antigua, Guatemala. Lo and behold, Lorraine knew exactly where to go. She led me in the bowels of one of the markets to a man who found a tube for me and repaired. He didn't even charge me to fix it, just for the tube. Can you imagine my luck?

Then we headed over to Santa Rosa Apartments on the other side of town where several American families reside while fostering. It is a gated community with lots of yard space and socializing. We had lunch with some girls, played in the yard with the kids, celebrated an 8 year-old's birthday and enjoyed the sunshine.

Gabi had a rough time today because of her teeth. The discomfort makes her incredibly clingy. On top of that, I think she became overstimulated. She was crawling all over me. Finally, in order to settle her down, I took her away from the crowd and sang (yes, sang) to her and she was able to regroup. We then went to dinner with 8 moms and 8 kids. It was obnoxious for the other patrons, but lovely for us.

Reagan had a great time playing with the other kids. There were several just about her age and lots of toys for her to explore. The sunshine wore all of us out, especially since it was such a hot day, but we had such a good time.

2 comments:

ANGIE..... said...

I'm so jelous of the weather that your having....it sounds like your having an amazing time! We are finally getting a couple af great sunshiny days in the 60's....I wish they would stick and the rain would go away! I guess that's what I get in good ol MO...

www.tyleredwardcarlos.blogspot.com

Mark, Angie and Tyler:)

Anonymous said...

You should know...all of the Coletto gals begin and end their days checking out your blog. Just so you know. And what is this about another nana. I mean, she may be related...but what up...is she as INVOLVED aka Kidsastar?
loveyouanyway
nanac