Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 29, 2008

An Appropriate Lesson

Kristin sent me this devotional today... (from the Purpose Driven Life Daily Devotional)

"God is not surprised when we’re honest about our frustrations and fears. Often God requires us to wait because he’s trying to show us the end of our faith, stretching our faith, not condemning us for the lack of it. In these moments, seek God and not the answer."

To that I say... "Duh, Amanda. Get a clue."

Thank you, Lord, for not walking away from me the way I do when I don't get my way. That level of commitment and faithfulness to my silliness is not of this world and I just can't seem to get it.

5 comments:

Darcy said...

Thanks for sharing that was good for me to hear today. .
Darcy McMurray
McMurraymania.blogspot.com

Susie said...

Oh Amanda, I love this post! Thank you for sharing your heart. Susie

Pineapple Princess said...

Amanda,

Thanks for posting this. I really needed the reminder. Thanks for being real.

Stacy

Paige said...

Isnt that what I have been saying all along?

Anonymous said...

That's one we can all relate to and use.My saddest day is coming up and I need to Keep the Faith!!!!
Love you bunches.