Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I should have said... My Little Roughneck Daredevil

...Because that's what she is. Gabi is a wild child. She thrives on adventure and wild moments. She loves to be thrown up in the air, wrestled with, to go as fast as she can. Anything that has a fear component is especially fun. She has NONE! But she is instilling some in me little by little. Edward and I are seriously going to have to be careful with this child... she certainly isn't going to be.

There are major advantages to that though. We want to get her on the slopes in Park City, swimming in the big pool, playing games, riding Uncle Barry and Aunt Paige's ponies, and trying anything that we think she might enjoy. The rougher the activity the better. She's just all over the place.

Aunt Paige, you'll be glad to know that she has a lot of words. Actual words, not just jibberish. There will be no excuses for not knowing what she wants. She'll tell you. Also, we're hoping that she can have her birthday party at the farm where she can ride Fonzie. I have no doubt that she'll love him. You should probably start trying to catch him now!

We marvel at her disposition. She is extremely happy. We're not sure what there is to be so darn happy about, but she knows something that we don't. You look at her, she grins; talk to her, she grins; let her play by herself, she grins. You get my point. We have been blessed with an amazing little girl. Even when she's upset, it doesn't amount to anything and she can be soothed very easily. We just adore her!!

In other news, our attorney, Walter, was mugged yesterday and his briefcase was stolen. Walter is okay, but Ella's passport was in it, so the M.'s are off getting it replaced this afternoon. We hope this is no big deal. I've called Hector to ask what Walter has said about our Central Authority registration. Unfortunately, Walter's phone was stolen so it is more difficult to speak to him in a timely manner. We hope to know something by the end of the day. I actually sent a note in Spanish to Walter, hoping to get some answers. Please pray that cases continue to come out of the CA and we can move back into PGN.

We're having a great time just taking it easy by the pool today. Gabi needed the freedom to play after being captive yesterday in her sling. I'm working on getting another video uploaded and some new pictures. Enjoy!

Oh, and I should report that Gabi loves her mommy. When she gets up in the morning, I go get her. A couple of times I've taken her to GG after a few moments of cuddling so I can get her bottle ready. She cries if I hand her over. I definitely think that's a sign that we're on the right track.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Well thank God, I cannot abide a lack of words. Bad enough when they cannot read, let alone when they cannot walk

If you kept up with the world, you would that the Fonze had his feet done a couple of weeks ago, and Barry rode him.

So there