Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Blog Changes and a few laughs...

At the urging of my beloved MK, I updated our process in the sidebar to reflect our last kickout and recent re-submission to PGN. It occurred to me that I was ever so optimistic around about June of last year. July even. I actually wrote next to the first PGN submission "~8 weeks, best case scenario". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Please join me as I cackle myself into stomach cramps and writhe crazily on the floor. Eight weeks. We are currently at 8 MONTHS!

I used to think that Edward and I were strong. I thought we had weathered quite a lot over the years. Years of deployments, a lot of moves, returning to school, separations from loved ones are just a few. I'm beginning to think that we might just be made of diamonds (Edward informed me in his inarticulate way that this is the strongest substance he can think of.). We might actually survive this. I say that because over the last few days I've been feeling overly optimistic. I haven't felt this way in a VERY, VERY long time. Let's hope it means something...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it means something. You and Edward are "diamonds" in many ways, not only the hardest(strongest)but the most valuable. Fate is going to move toward the positive. Don't ever give up that optimism. It's just one of your many endearing qualities that make you the special person you are.
Love you both,
Mom

Darcy said...

8 months. . . you have endured enough. . I can't even imagine. What a precious little girl. Can't wait to here she is coming home forever!
Darcy McMurray
McMurraymania.blogspot.com

Paige said...

Well it means something---change your perspective and the same events will feel totally differently to you.

Instead of thinking it has been 8 months too long, think of it as a down payment on the rest of her life. You have spent a lot of time with her in those months, much more than most people do--be grateful for that instead of resentful of the time you have been apart.

In the end, she won't even remember that you were not always there, and surely being with her from now on will distract you from focusing on that.

It is all in your head to decide how to look at it. The way you were going was not working for you, as you were getting more and more miserable by the day.

Changing perspective can only help at this stage of the game.

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

Your time is soon...I just know it. I cannot WAIT to hear when you get GOOD NEWS! It is way way PAST TIME!

((((HUGS))))
The Hs

Anonymous said...

Well said Paige. I wish it was as easy as you make it sound. I think we all have days where we are stronger than others. We can change that prespective and have a positive effect on ourselves. Other days, you just can't seem to get there. Let's just pray the days are fewer and fewer, with less choices having to be made. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

I hope your feeling is on track!!!! I told you in one of our conversations that I just kept feeling if we could get back into PGN we were going to come out very quickly and I am just praying that is true for both of us!!!!!!! We need to get Gabi and Jeremiah home!!! Its closer than ever - I truly believe that!!!!! We have been in this process a year now so its time!!!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

The end is near I can feel it in my heart.Keep Pushing-Pray Until Something Happens!!! God will not fail you,He does not forsake His own. Something is going to happen!!! Keep the faith.
Love you bunches.