Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 11, 2008

House of 'Paign



I wasn't able to post yesterday because our modem is supposedly broken. However, I opted to steal my neighbor's internet in the interest of an update. Bear with me because I don't have a great signal and the pictures may not upload easily.

We had a difficult trip back. I was still sick and we arrived to temps in the teens. Ridiculous. But Edward was great to meet us and help us with our baggage. I had a video of his daughter giggling, pulling up and playing to greet him. My mom headed home yesterday afternoon and I'm still sick. Not so fun. But I hope there is an end in sight.
Gabriella was such a dream last week. That last night, Mom got her up when she woke up for a bottle at 4. Bless her heart, she was so confused. She didn't settle down until I took her and loved on her for a little while. That girl likes her Mommy. She was glad to see her foster mother on Saturday and that always makes it easier. I think I was at least as sad to see Ella go back to our foster family. After all, she's headed home in 3-4 weeks and I won't see her for a while. And I just love her.

It was no fun saying goodbye to Robin and Mike either. Fortunately, after taking so long with our attorney, we were running late and it was a quick goodbye. They are such a blessing to us. We had a great week with them...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

soon enough you'll have those toes all the time.

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed spending the week with you, Gabi and Sandra. Mike and I are so glad that our paths crossed and we were able to meet. All of you will be in our thoughts and prayers to get Gabi home.

Robin & Mike