Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 29, 2008

Some Funnies

I haven't posted these pictures from our trip to Houston. When we travel out of St. Louis, we usually get to stay in Edwardsville with Ed's cousins, the W.'s. We really look forward to these times because so many of our family gatherings are really big and you don't get much one-on-one time with anyone. These visits are an exception to that. We love getting to see the kids, August, Regan and George and hang out with Cindy and Jeff. They've been sooooo good to us. They feed us, take us/pick us up to/from the airport at CRAZY hours, and generally get our trips off to an excellent start.


We took the kids some U of I shirts with the endangered Chief logo on them. Jeff went to U of I, as did we, and we thought they should have one of these shirts. Manufacturers are no longer allowed to use this logo as of Dec. 31st. The kids loved them. But when we arrived and were about to give them the shirts, George stood up and revealed his pajamas and GALOSHES! They were green and lovely. But it IS unusual to find a child in pjs and galoshes inside the house. When I asked what he was wearing, he matter-of-factly said,"My rain boots." I said, "Why?" That's when August chimed in, "Because he can't find his slippers." Well, silly me. I wasn't aware that if you couldn't find your slippers, you automatically put your galoshes on. I guess I must be old school. I would have put socks on. So I had to get a pic of the kids in their Illini shirts and George in his lovely outfit.


And then there's the adorable, bright, rough-and-tumble JM! He's a riot. Sooo busy and sooo fun. We got such a kick out of him and I think he got a kick out of the extra attention. He was a trooper while we did all of our grown-up errands and stuff.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the kids are precious. The picture of George reminds me of Uncle Rog's snake-killing outfit.
Love you,
Mom