Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Superbowl Sunday in Guatemala

We spent the afternoon and evening with the SC crew. I discovered that Mike dated Liza's cousin in high school. That's weird! Robin went to grade school with her. That's obviously a side note, but definitely noteworthy.

Superbowl Sunday is apparently a big deal at the Marriott in GC. There were 3 separate celebrations to choose from. I didn't watch a bit of the game, but it's wonderful to be here with our friends. Gabi was in rare form, or what I would have thought was rare form before this trip. She has an excruciating amount of energy, especially at dinner time. She is like the stinkin' Energizer bunny. Very, very funny... but exhausting!!! We love it. Ella is delightfully entertained and happy, but calm and somewhat refined next to our goofy little monkey.

Gabi brushed her teeth for the first time. I think her Uncle Roger would be proud. She swam like a fish again. She's so joyful!
Oh, and she danced. And she danced some more. And then she thought she'd throw in a little dance.

We're off to Antigua tomorrow. Mike, Robin, Ella, Sara, Jimmie, GG, Gabi Sol and me are all piling into a van and spending the day in this beautiful city. We hope we have beautiful weather like we did today. I'll have a lot of great pictures, I'm sure.

A few pictures from our day...


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is going great! You all look so happy and GG looks like she is about to bust. I definately heard her say dada. The pics are beautiful. I think pink might be her signature color. Have fun and keep the faith.
Love you bunches.

Paige said...

If she has that much energy, now you get an idea of what it is like to hang out with you

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

I love your blogging! Keep it coming! I hope you have a great time in Antigua. We always loved it there. I know I keep saying this...but I feel like I am the Marriott with you guys!
Enjoy every second of your time with her. I am so so so happy to see you so so so happy!
(((((HUGS))))
Amy

Anonymous said...

She says mama, too, and GG. Although, she jabbers so much, you have to pay close attention. Of course, that isn't hard for me at all. What else do I have to do.
Paige, she is so much like your sister you can't believe it. However, she talks like her aunt Paige.
Love to all,
Mom (GG)

Sandra said...

I love the pictures. Mandy Gabi Sol looks so much like you. The picture the other day with your hair standing up......she has your hair! Oh my gosh she looks so much like you. I know GG is happy and I think that is great. Love to you all.

Susie said...

You have been tagged! Hope your enjoying your trip. YOu can do this when you get back.
http://ferrickfamilypromise.blogspot.com/
Susie