Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Squirreliest Kid in Town






Today we dealt with ongoing technology issues. I could not get the internet set up. The Marriott man had to come and switch out the modems and wave his magic wand. Once again, we've met amazing people who so generously share their stories. That's my second favorite part about being here.

Gabi is a dream. She is sooooo stinkin' happy! She is a HUGE music lover. She starts dancing immediately when music comes on-- like you've flipped a switch. It's so funny. And she's got lots of moves-- not the same old routine all of the time. I'm attaching a video so you can see for yourself.

She loves her GG. GG loves her Gabi. It's ridiculous. We played by the pool all day. Gabi has an additional tooth on top, bringing her total to 3. She still hasn't caught her friend Tyler, who at 1 year had 14!!! But she has her tongue going all the time. Actually, today I caught her rolling her tongue with it turned to the side. Now that takes talent. She's so funny.

The only negative is that she had a diaper rash last week and Gabi had an allergic reaction to the cream that Jackelin used to clear it up. We're working on making it better, but it is awful!

And the biggest news of all is that she says, "Dada!!!" and "GaGa", an occasional "mama." Her daddy was so excited to hear that he is out of sight, but NOT out of mind. Another big thing is that when Jackelin brought her yesterday, she remembered me. Daddy, your plan worked. She wasn't too sure of GG, but now she loves her. She thinks GG is funny, just like most of the world.
She cried when she saw GG naked today and then laughed. She's so smart!!!

Mike and Robin arrived to see their sweet beloved Ella, with Ella's Aunt Sarah and Uncle Jimmie in tow. They were thrilled to meet her for the first time. I just love seeing people's reunions with their children. There really isn't anything more pure than that moment.

As you can see, all is well. Once again, we're in Gabi Heaven. She is such a little blessing who provides so much laughter and light. I couldn't love her more if I tried. Stay warm in the blizzards at home. Thanks for writing. I loved all the comments and concern for our travels. Enjoy the pics.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Great pictures and I think GG has the biggest smile I have ever seen on her. Gabi is sooooooo gorgeous and I would love to have my hands on her. You all are in prayers and I am holding close to my heart. Love, Sandra

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

YAY pictures and updates! I am so glad you arrived safe and sound! I LOVE all the pictures. She looks so happy in your arms...and of course you like you are top of the world! I am sure Ed is missing both his girls....call him so he can hear "dada" nothing sweater than hearing that!
Keep the pictures and updates coming! I cannot wait to see more about your trip.
Kiss Gabi for us!
((((HUGS)))
Amy

Lynnette said...

Sooooooo glad you made it !!!! I was worried when heard on TV news that 500 flights were cancelled. San, we love your ear to ear smile with sweet Gabi. Hope you'll be a good girl and share your baby doll with Mandy. Enjoy your precious time. Looking forward to more pics and comments.
Big hug to all,
Lynnette