Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Gloomy Thursday




Today was an overcast and rainy day in Guate. We, of course, sat by the pool for a bit, but finally headed back up to the room for a nap in the mid-afternoon. Gabi was a lot of fun today. It's becoming clear that she's like this most of the time. She occasionally fusses, but recovers quickly. She fell back today and bumped her head. It scared her more than anything, but she only cried for about 20 seconds. I love that.

She also drank from a cup very well today. She repeatedly said, "mama." And she generally made me happy. Gabi is pulling up and standing forever while she holds onto a table. She isn't cruising, but she's definitely thinking about it.

GG continues to dote on her. Even when Gabi peed on her when she changed her diaper, she laughed and told her she could do whatever she wanted. Ridiculous!?! She thinks everything Gabi does is perfect. I guess that's what grandparents do.

You should check out Ella's blog to see her walking. Ella must have done a mile and a half in the Marriott. She'll be walking on her own in no time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gabi Sol,

My mom said that I could marry you now if it would help get you home more quickly. Your hair is pretty.

Love,
Jack Stolzer

Pineapple Princess said...

Amanda,

I prayed and prayed and prayed this morning for God to help you and I get our constancias and get back into PGN soon. I prayed that we'd get our constancias TODAY.

Praying for a miracle,
Stacy

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

((((HUGS)))

You are always in our thoughts and prayers. It is going to happen....I just want it to happen NOW...I am NOT a good waiter either.

Gabi is ADORABLE and I cannot wait for the next post!

(((HUGS)))
Amy

Anonymous said...

i just want to know if gabi-doll wears any outfit more than 30 minutes! she just might become a clothes horse, if you're not careful. soooooooo precious - she looks beautiful in every color! can't wait to see her in person. keep the faith, baby!!

aunt sister cheryl