Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Miserably Optimistic

So one of my fatal flaws is that I am painfully optimistic. I have been described as naive, although I don't think it's so much that as it is that I want to believe that people have inherently good intentions and want to do the right thing. I know this is overly optimistic. It's just too sad to confront all of the wrong in the world and believe that so much of the world is based upon malintent and self-serving attitudes. Could someone in this process please throw me a BONE? I'd love to get back to being positive. My sarcasm is extremely thinly veiled at this point. I'm just going to be mean soon (I mean now).

The joy of CA registration was short-lived. We are very, very grateful to have been registered. Our case was not delivered to PGN today as we were led to believe it would be. Instead, our attorney is taking this opportunity to go over our cases with a "magnifying glass" to make sure there is no reason for further previos. Although I believe this is a wise move, doesn't it seem like this is something that could have been done WEEKS AGOOOOOOO??!?!?!?!? Our file has been sitting for 2.5 months (or 78 days, to be exact) in their office. It didn't appear necessary to do this at any point during those 78 days. Even after I've asked our attorney face-to-face to do this on two separate occasions.

I swear-- I'm likely to kill someone. My blood pressure is painfully high right now. The beauty of this is the following-- not only are about 2500 cases being re-submitted to PGN this week, we now have the lovely honor of being behind most of those! I wish I had more flowers and chocolates to share with all of you. But I am only one little angel... and I'm frighteningly close to becoming an ANGEL of DEATH!

8 comments:

Susie said...

Amanda! Welcome Home, hope you are feeling better. Just wanted you to know that our Legal Team took a week to go over our file before PGN and I am so very glad they did. We were in PGN for 10 Weeks with NO previews! So here's to a short lived PGN stay with only an APPROVAL. Remember that negative thoughts bear no good fruit, keep your positive attitude. Sweet Gabbi is Home! Blessings, Susie

Anonymous said...

Trust me when I say it is worth him going over your file. I can't understand or explain why it wasn't done before but it will be worth it. We are on our knees praying for a quick PGN stay.

Thanks for tagging;-)

Robin

Anonymous said...

It is SO ironic that the most precious and beautiful of God's gifts is unfairly restrained by such corruption!
Remember...Good ALWAYS Wins!
Also remember...Angels get mad too!

Audra

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

I feel your pain. I don't know why the attorney or agency wouldn't think that far in advance and check the file while it was just sitting there but that would require some THINKING and anyone who has lived this knows that that doesn't happen very often. I'm hopeful that Gabi will get resubmitted today and that you will be in for just a short time. My second time in was just six days. You could get lucky. I'll be praying for you.

Love, Shannon and Isabel

Paige said...

Well better now than being kicked out again, after you are already most of the way through it

Anonymous said...

The best thing about a blog page is you can say what you mean and mean what you say and your friends can understand and help you in sadness and joy. What a gift! You can be mad and it is ok. If you weren't you would not be of this earth. Find comfort in your Bible and your love of Gabi and Edward.Let peace come over you like a wave of the ocean. You cannot be in jail or sick for your Gabi girl. Keep the faith and I mean it. God's best miracles are woth waiting for.
Love you bunches.
Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

Optimism is not a flaw, and certainly not fatal. It's a wonderful trait; one we should all have. I'm both impressed by and proud of both of you for maintaining this positive attitude.
Love you both,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Mandy and Edward:
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep this in mind;it can apply/help for many different situations:

"GOD'S DELAYS ARE NOT ALWAYS GOD'S DENIALS"

Love to you,
Nette