Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm Over It

I've settled down considerably. Really, I have. This adoption is a series of maddening disappointments and incredible highs and everything in between. I am becoming a professional at talking myself down. Some may call that crazy. I call it... necessary.

In other news, my RJ and his wife, Patience, are heading to Russia TOMORROW to bring home their little boy, AJ. R.J. and I grew up together and he has been more like a brother to me than anything else. He and Patience started this process last year and we're so excited that A.J. will be home on the 23rd of February. What an incredible moment for them! Can you imagine flying to Russia on Valentine's Day to get your 15-month-old son?

Please pray for their safety and smooth transition with this adorable little boy.

3 comments:

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

I am sorry your journey has been filled with so many bumps. Gabi will be home soon---I know we all wish she was home NOW--it will happen. You have handled all this with amazing strength and grace. Don't be hard on yourself. I cannot say that when she is home it all won't matter---it will always matter but when she is in your arms forever, in her room sleeping and in your living room floor playing...you WILL find peace with all this---even the bumps and disappointments.
You are always in our thoughts and prayers!
The Hs

Anonymous said...

Already done!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Already done!
Love,
Mom