Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

My Little Trooper and Master of Destruction

I apologize for not posting yesterday. But we were sooo tired and it takes a long time to upload all of these pictures! I just didn't have the strength.

Yesterday we headed off to Antigua in a van for all of us with 2 broken carseats. We were driven by a non-English speaking man who I think thought we were nuts. And we were met in Central Park of Antigua by Roberto, our tour guide. He was a very energetic, passionate man who has been guiding tours for 10 years or so. Our day consisted of shopping, siteseeing, shopping and taking in all that is special about Antigua.

Antigua is a lovely town that lies in a bowl surrounded by volcanoes (that are still active) and is rich in Spaniard and Mayan culture. Here's the trick though. The streets are cobblestone so NO strollers. I carried Gabi in her sling, which worked out great. The tough part is that I don't have all of those Mommy muscles that you acquire when you carry a baby. By the end of the day, I was a sweaty, tired mess. We had a great time at the jade factory, the Santo Domingo monastery, which I visited 2 1/2 years ago with Kristin and Ryker, and the numerous shops and streets of Antigua. I think Mom especially enjoyed it.

That's all I've got for now. Enjoy the pictures. I'll probably have more later. That's what we do here. Look at Gabi, laugh with her and take her picture while she gets into something else.

1 comment:

anjfp said...

It looks like you had a fabulous day! I love looking at your pics :)