Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 23, 2008

We Bought a House!!!

It's a done deal... almost. We have a contract for a lovely house on the northwest side of Houston. We just finished the paperwork 5 minutes ago and we are beyond excited. I'm not going to offer any details right now because I'm exhausted.

We've been staying with our old friends, Kurt and Sandy and their adorable son, Julien-Marc. I haven't seen them in 3 years. Ed saw them briefly last May. We spent many years together as the guys were assigned and deployed together for their entire military careers. I have missed them so much and it's so nice to be reunited. It's a major perk to be in Houston with them. As is so often true with good friends, it feels as if no time has passed at all. We have laughed so hard since we arrived!

That's all for now. I'll post pics of the ridiculously funny JM later.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are now a true American you own a house and a million dollars to go with it. Ha. I am very excited for you because that is one more step in getting settled and Gabi to her new house.
Keep the faith and PUSH.
Love you bunches,
sas

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!

(((((hugs)))))
angie

Anonymous said...

how very exciting for you guys!! i can't wait to see pics and hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! It is really over the top to be back with your good friends.
I have a feeling that the tides have turned for you two.
Love you too much,
GG and Grumps

anjfp said...

yay! congrats. i can't wait to hear more!

Paige said...

I cannot wait til you get to REDECORATE!

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

Congrats! I have been checking your blog repeatedly! I cannot wait to hear and see all about your new house. Post some pics girl!

(((HUGS)))
The Hs

Gail said...

Congratulations on the new house!!
Gail